12.10.2010

Friday Fill-in

1. What do you see your life like in 10 years? 10 years seems like such a long time from now. I am praying that in 10 years my life will be like... celebrating 14 wonderful years being married to the man of my dreams, have at least 2 kids, a wonderful house, and my Avon career to take off.

2. What do you like most about your job?Well, I LOVE working near my momma! My family and I are super close. So getting to see her everyday is amazing!


3. What are three things you do every day, no matter what day it is? Play with my fur babies and kiss this hubby.


4. What would you do with an extra five hours in the day today? CRAFT!!! I love creating new projects. My best friends and I are starting an Etsy shop so I have been making things for that.


5. What is your favorite Christmas (or whichever holiday you celebrate) cookie recipe (please share!)? I don't bake cookies, I have tried many times and they just don't taste right, But I do make cake. So here is my Red Velvet Cake.


RED VELVET CAKE

2-1/2 cups cake flour
1 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
3 tbsp. unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 oz. red food coloring
1-1/2 tsp. pure vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. cider or white vinegar
1 tsp. baking soda

Cooks Note: Use liquid red food coloring, such as McCormick or Durkee; if Wilton's is used, only 1/2 tsp. is needed.
Preheat oven to 350°F for 15 minutes before baking cake.

In a mixing bowl, sift together flour and salt. Set aside.

In a separate mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, on medium speed for three minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

In a small bowl, stir together cocoa powder, food coloring and vanilla extract. Beat this into the butter mixture.

Stir 1/3 of the flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternating with 1/2 of the buttermilk, another 1/3 of flour, the remaining buttermilk, and the remaining flour mixture; stir just until blended.

In a cup, combine vinegar and baking soda. Mixture will fizz. Stir this into the batter and combine well.

Divide batter evenly between two greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.

Bake for about 22 to 28 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

Allow cakes to cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a blunt knife along edges of pan to free cake; remove cake gently from pans and cool completely on wire rack.

Ice with Cream Cheese Icing.

1 comment:

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

I really admire your craftiness!! That is a skill I don't really possess! I love the wreaths you wrote about an an earlier post... impressive!! :)