9.29.2010

Week One - Favorite Song(s)

I have a couple and could not narrow it down to just one.

Steady As We Go – Dave Mathews Band

This is J’s and my wedding song. We really thought long and hard about this. I wanted something unique that you don’t hear on the radio every day. And J wanted it to be by an artist that we both love. Two months before our wedding Dave Mathews Band came out with a new CD, and this song was on it. J and I were in the car and heard it; as soon as the song was over we both looked at each other and said this is it!!
That year when we saw Dave Mathews Band they played it. We were so excited! The extra special part about them playing it at that concert was it was the only time they have ever played it live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX1xTe3OOJg


Wonderful Cross – Chris Tomlin

This song has so much meaning to me. When I was 16, I was on a Ski Trip with my youth group. We had one night that was just worship music. It was a remarkable night! I will never be able to put in words how that night changed my life. When this song played, I broke down crying and gave my life to the Lord.
Then when I was 18 I got a phone call from my dad. (I had been praying for him to give his life to Christ. He was the last member in my family that still was not a believer. He went to church with us every Sunday, but had not made that commitment to the Lord.) He told me “I made a decision that I think you are going to love… I am not only your daddy but I am now your brother in Christ”. I broke down crying and had to pull my car to the side of the road. I felt so much joy, and then the radio played this song. AMAZING!!!
When my parents and I were talking about songs to be played at J’s and my wedding, this one just felt so right for me to walk down the aisle too. My good friend Chris Kuti played it on guitar. (If you recognize that name, yes it is Chris from the band Chris and Conrad. They are on the Christian Radio stations. There biggest hit is Lead me to the Cross. Great guys!) It was truly the prefect song for that moment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sKcw9_PQYA&feature=related

What are your favorite songs?

2 comments:

Rachel Wright {The Inspired House of Wright} said...

I love him! I used to attend the church he sang at in Atlanta (Northpointe). Nice to stumble upon your blog!

Southern Cinderella said...

Such great songs your chose!! I have tagged you on my blog :)